Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One of my random collections that I adore

I was born in the early 1970's. You'd think that would mean I'm a child of the 80's because I became aware around 1984. True for most of my friends. But I have an older brother! He was born 10 years earlier. So all things 70's were bred into me from day 1. I know all the 70's rock bands. I'm a die hard Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac fan. If that doesn't label me, I don't know what will!

But what sends my heart racing? What just makes me want to sing with happiness? Why, our favorite beagle of course!


I collect Snoopy christmas ornaments. The charming ceramic ones made in the 70's and early 80's. Not so much the plastic ones made today. I love things made of more natural materials-clay, wood, glass, etc.


Here are some photos of my collection taken last week. I started my collection the week after my favorite Grandma passed away. She had a small group of these ornies and put them out on display every Christmas. I received one of her pieces-the rest of my family took the rest. We all love these. Then shortly after her passing, eBay was founded. What a happy day for a Snoopy fan.

I thought you'd all like to see a happy collection. Can't help but smile when you look at these! The coolest part? Now my 3 daughters, aged 7, 6, & 1, love these. Unwrapping the Snoopy's means Christmas is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment