Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mommy Vintage

Plans. The best laid plans. 


Today was to be a big estate sale day. Head out to sales, score items, come home and photograph and generally just get ahead. 



Then my sweet 8 year old looked rather green early this morning. She wandered in around 6:30am and whispered, "Mommy, I don't feel very good." Uh oh. 


What often happens when my children are sick is they don't want to lie down. They want to sit on my lap at my computer. They want to make Treasuries on Etsy. They want to be glued to me. I do wish I had the healing powers their bodies seem to expect from that closeness. 


So today was a day of surfing the web, kid style. We looked at lions on the National Geographic site, goggled openly at a rare old Snoopy ornament that sold for $331, saw those new images of hidden pyramids & overall had a very relaxed, cozy, educational time. 

1 comment:

  1. Funny how those "wrenches" in the plans end up being the most special times. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete