Monday, August 1, 2011

Mid Century Bliss

My Grandfather was a Swede. His parents came to South Dakota in 1903 to create a homestead and raise their children. When he was a young man he grabbed a ride on a freight train heading to California and enrolled at University of Berkeley. 10 years later he met my Grandmother on a ferry ride between Berkeley and San Francisco.


Arne HovmandOlsen Daybed Sofa offered by BarefootDwelling

After living in a rental house for a few years, they bought their first home in 1952. Their classic California ranch home was filled with all things mid century. Almost every year they travelled to Sweden, Norway, and Finland for vacation. Fast forward several decades: I found this fabulous daybed being offered on Etsy this morning. Wow. I love the classic lean Mid Century lines. If only I didn't have a 2 year old who loves to run with crayons. 


Mood Rocking Bed offered by ShinerInternational


Then I saw this. A new handmade piece with all the instincts of Mid Century. Double Wow. Imagine sleeping in this outside! Or for those lucky enough to live in giant lofts-why not roll around inside?


Star Wars Poster Print offered by handz


And then this appeared. All my Mid Century & Han Solo fantasies rolled into one. I love it! Classic vintage colors, Danish modern lines & my favorite space movie all in one. My Grandma loved Star Wars. I know she'd be a fan of this. 



1 comment: